Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Martha's Chocolate Chocolate Cookies

Well, I am still on a cooking streak, but tonight I had plenty of leftovers, so I decided to make some dessert. Dessert is spelled with 2 s'es because unlike desert, which has 1 s, you would like to go through dessert twice. At least that is what I was told!

This is based on a recipe, but it is firmly stored in my head. I didn't look it up. This is what I am trying to do here. The recipe belongs to Martha Stewart, who it turns out, knows what she is talking about when it comes to cookies.

I happen to recall the recipe because I made it several times on the occasion of my last trip to Florida. I made here a half-recipe since it is a bit dangerous to have these sitting around. It makes about 6 or 7 cookies.

Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.

1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, a pinch of salt, a pinch of baking soda



1 egg beaten together with 3/4 cup of sugar



75 g chocolate (I went with 72% Green and Black's Organic Baking Chocolate), melted in a double boiler with 1/2 stick of unsalted butter



Mix the melted butter and chocolate with the beaten egg and sugar



Mix the butter, chocolate, egg, sugar mixture with the flour mixture, adding about as many chocolate chips are you feel like!



Use a spoon to lay out the dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the cookies with sea salt (Martha didn't know about that!)



Bake for about 12-13 minutes at 350 F, let cool, enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy but I don't think my scales will approve.
    (^_^)

    ReplyDelete